Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bird's Houses

Bird houses on the Boulevard I was born in March and I love this season. Nature wakes up and also birds start to build nests for the posterity. I have represented this time in this picture. The picture is of no particular place, just a general spring theme, from anyplace or time.

As I usually do - I sketched out the idea, the area, the Boulevard, trees, benches, grass, birdhouses, etc. Then I chose the base colors and worked my way up, painting in the elements separately from lighter colors to darker colors.

Of course - doing the same scene in acrylic or oils would create a far different look, but with water color - the softer colors lend well in this type of image to an ageless event - Spring!

Copyright Lily Serj, and LilysWatercolorPaintings 2008-2011

No comments: